Research indicates that quality feedback on learning and the development of metacognition skills can boost pupil attainment. The Maximising The Practice of Teaching Assistants course provides Netley’s Child Support Assistant’s (CSA’s) with the skills to scaffold learning and help pupils become confident, independent learners.
This one day course was delivered to all KS1 and KS2 CSA’s in the school and covered the following;
- Latest research and guidance on the complementary roles of teachers and Tas
- Scaffolding as a framework for developing pupil independence
- Reflect on practice and develop specific scaffolding strategies
- How to contribute to assessment for learning
- Planning changes to your practice